Friday 29 September 2017

Production - Editing Intro/Title Sequence

TITLE SEQUENCE from Grace Salmon on Vimeo.



To make my intro for my documentary, I took around 75 photos of celebrity cutouts from a variety of magazines. I moved each magazine cutout slowly up the shot in order to create a moving image scene.


I imported the images from Photos into iMovie. I changed the duration of all of the images originally to 0.3 seconds each. However, this made the clip around 30 seconds long and would be too tedious and boring for the audience to watch. I then changed the duration from 0.3 seconds down to 0.1 seconds, as this made the clip shorter and more aesthetically pleasing.
I added text on the right hand side on the last image and this is where my documentary title will be displayed when I have chosen my title.
For the intro music, I downloaded the song 'This is the life' by Two Door Cinema Club and used the first thirty seconds of the song as it is just instrumental music. The music is upbeat and fits the theme of my documentary. It is similar to music that I have heard on Channel 4 and BBC Three produced documentaries.

1 comment: