Friday 13 October 2017

Production - Editing



Before one of my interview scenes, I put in a plain black background with the question that the interviewee was answering because I have seen this being used in documentaries before. I also added some instrumental music in the background that will continue at a low volume throughout the interview. I used 'Boys' Karaoke Version by Charli XCX because there is no singing or lyrics and the instrumental music is quite lighthearted and well-known pop music, which will appeal to my target audience.
After the interview, I placed the voiceover of my narrator giving a statistic about teenagers and celebrities. I put the key figure of the statistic in a text box on a plain black background, as this highlights and anchors the most important bit. I have seen this being used in documentaries, such as 'Britain's Forgotten Men' on BBC Three.
 













It just helps to reinforce my preferred meaning and help engage the audience. However, I may put a cutaway shot that anchors the fact behind instead of a plain black background, which is not very effective.

No comments:

Post a Comment